top article can you buy viagra online Company
QSolar Technology Inc (QSolar) is a company developing patented high-efficiency Solar Cells using a 3D Nano-structure (QNS-PV). QNS-PV combines semiconductor and solar techniques to achieve the best of both worlds. QNS-PV innovations result in approximately 1.5 times more the energy output than that of the conventional Si-PV solutions with effective efficiencies of 28~31%.
A second generation QNS-PV 3D solar cell with a multi-junction PV is also in development with approximately 38.6% effective efficiency. QNS-PV is a silicon-based solution and requires no exotic materials while using standard fabrication equipment that pose no barrier to moving into production.
1) Implementing a built-in tracking system in a 3D nano-structure, the energy output is 1.5 times increased, so that allows QNS technology to make large efficiency gains, substantially reducing the cost-per-watt.
2) Using mature manufacturing techniques that are standard and pose no barrier to production.
3) Assuring all required equipment is available off the shelf and production proven.
QSolar’s founder and inventor of the QNS-PV cell, Dr. Kyu Choi, is a pioneer and innovator in semiconductor memory technology for over 35 years. He founded and was CEO of O2IC and Soft Device for 14 years and the Executive Director of R&D at Samsung for 10 years and holds more than 30 Memory and Si-PV patents.
Five patents are owned and filed by Dr. Kyu Choi and assigned to QSolar.
- One patent with multiple claims is issued in Korea for QNS-PV technology.
- Two patents for QNS-PV technology filed in USA
- Two patents to increase the efficiency to ~36% using multi-junction PV in QNS PV structure filed in Korea and are in preparation for USA filing.
QSolar developed a new, innovative, disruptive, high-efficiency photovoltaic cell prototype in silicon to demonstrate its manufacturability. The innovative photovoltaic cell will lower both PV cost and LCOE cost. The QNS-PV cell is a three dimensional Nano-Structured Silicon PV cell that merges well-known semiconductor processing technology and existing PV technology in a cost-effective way. Basically, QNS-PV creates a built-in tracking system with mirrors and lens significantly boosting energy output 1.5 times over a conventional cell by increasing junction area, maximizing light absorption, maximizing carrier capture and minimizing contact resistan